If you are luck enough to have a Myrtle Beach vacation on the calendar for this summer, you can look forward to much more than the sun and the sand. Sure, beach days are great, but once you get your fill be sure to check out a few of the area’s many family friendly events.
Holiday Inn Pavilion is conveniently situated right along the Myrtle Beach Boardwalk, providing easy access to several local events and festivals.
Check out our roundup of the Top 5 Myrtle Beach events that you definitely don’t want to miss this summer!
Hot Summer Nights | Downtown Myrtle Beach | Ongoing
Are you looking for free entertainment just steps from your hotel room? You can enjoy just that at the Hot Summer Nights festival, which takes place all summer long at various locations along the Myrtle Beach Boardwalk! Individual weekly events include:
· Monday – Kidz Carnival in Plyler Park (6pm – 9pm)
· Wednesday – Rock-n-Rumble live music at 9th Avenue Stage (7pm – 9pm)
· Wednesday – Boardwalk Elvis in Plyler Park (8pm – 9:30pm)
· Friday – Seaside Concert in Plyler Park (7pm – 10pm)
· Saturday – Fireworks over the ocean (10pm)
· Sunday – Boardwalk Elvis in Plyler Park (8pm – 9:30pm)
The fun doesn’t stop with live entertainment – guests can also enjoy a variety of games, contests, and performers each night, in addition to all of the attractions and dining that are open year round. Be sure to check out this family favorite during your summer stay!
Myrtle Beach Pelicans Baseball | Ongoing
Play ball! Guests looking to enjoy the breezy beach weather will definitely want to grab tickets to a Myrtle Beach Pelicans game. This local affiliation of the Chicago Cubs were league champions last year and starting the 2016 season strong. Game guests can enjoy an evening of great baseball, between-inning entertainment, scrumptious ballpark eats, and weekly promotions. Promotions include:
· $2sDay Brewsday – $2 craft drafts from 6pm – 8pm
· Weiner Wednesday – Buy 1, Get 1 Free Hebrew National Hotdogs all night
· Thirsty Thursday – $1 domestic drafts from 6pm – 8pm
· Theme Nights (super hero night, nerd night, etc.)
· Pre-game autographs
· Post-game fireworks
· Contests and Giveaways
· …. Much more!
Visit the Myrtle Beach Pelicans website for more information and to purchase tickets in advance.
Carolina Country Music Festival | Downtown Myrtle Beach | June 8th – 11th
Are you ready for the biggest live music event of the summer? Grab tickets and head downtown for the Carolina Country Music Festival! Guests from across the country flock to Myrtle Beach each summer take in the amazing show and enjoy the scenic beach backdrop. 2017 headliners include:
- Kenny Chesney
- Jason Aldean
- Gretchen Wilson
- Lee Brice
- Darius Rucker
- Many More!
This four-day event will also include access to several local arts and crafts vendors as well as tasty food and beverage vendors. Stock up on CCMF souvenirs and get your fill of decadent local cuisine while you take in the awesome country tunes. And, Holiday Inn Oceanfront Resort is located just STEPS away from all of the action! Be sure to book your room now for this exciting event!
4th of July Events in Myrtle Beach
July 4th is a busy time for Myrtle Beach! Check out what’s in store for this patriotic holiday near Holiday Inn Oceanfront:
- Murrells Inlet Boat Parade (Tuesday, July 4th): The area’s only floating parade? Head to Murrells Inlet by 5pm to watch colorful boats float the inlet.
- Croissants Cupcake Eating Contest (Tuesday, July 4th): Get your fill of patriotic pastries at this fun, family-friendly event hosted at Croissants Bistro & Bakery.
- Myrtle Beach Pelicans (Tuesday, July 4th – Thursday, July 6th): The Myrtle Beach Pelicans will host the Buies Creek Astros the week of July 4th and you won’t want to miss out on the action!
- Fireworks: Broadway at the Beach, Second Avenue Pier, Cherry Grove Pier, Barefoot Landing, Surfside Pier, Veteran’s Pier
Coastal Uncorked | Broadway at the Beach | September 1st – 3rd
Top off your Labor Day celebrations with decadent food and drinks at Coastal Uncorked. An annual tradition for visitors and locals alike, Coastal Uncorked is an absolute “must” for anyone who enjoys great food and great drinks, which should be just about everyone! This year’s festival will be at Broadway at the Beach again and will feature the following individual events:
· Friday – Chocolate Under The Moon – A Moonshine Mixology & Dessert Event (6pm – 9pm)
· Saturday – Brews ‘N The Beach – A Craft Beer Festival (4pm – 7pm)
· Sunday – Grand Wine Tasting Event (1pm – 5pm)
Each event includes unlimited drink samples and some complimentary food items. This event is truly a great bang for the buck and is a great way to get out and enjoy the beautiful beach weather! Tickets are now on sale and can be purchased online in advance for a discounted rate, or will be available at the event.
What Myrtle Beach events do you look forward to each summer? Let us know!