Myrtle Beach Attractions
There are numerous activities for you to enjoy at Holiday Inn At The Pavilion without having to venture far from your room. Some of the highlights include:
Amusement Parks and Water Parks
Dive into a day of nautical fun at the Ripley’s Aquarium. Conveniently located at Broadway at The Beach, this wildly popular attraction let’s visitors get up close and personal with friendly sharks, exotic fish, and a variety of other underwater species.
Guests can look forward to visiting the following aquarium attractions:
• Rainbow Rock – An Indo-Pacific coral reef. Enjoy some of the world’s most colorful and recognizable species like clowfish, regal blue tang, and emperor angelfish.
• Dangerous Reef – A 340 foot long glidepath that winds through an acrylic tunnel. Come face to face with sea turtles, giant stingrays, and sharks!
• Ray Bay – Stingrays steal the spotlight at this attraction. Watch these majestic animals glide through the water and see staff divers hand feed them throughout the day. You even have a chance to pet these docile creatures.
• So much more!
The Ripley’s Aquarium also features a marine education center, the Feeding Frenzy restaurant, and the Cargo Hold gift shop. Special events are held throughout the year so you always have something to look forward to. This attraction holds fun for everyone!
Call 800-734-8888 for more information.
Take a break from the beach and come cool off at Wild Water & Wheels Water Park. Located just a stone’s throw away in Surfside Beach, this family friendly water park is much more than just a few pools and slides. Variety is the spice of life and this water park offers something for everyone!
“Wet ‘n wild” fun is at the heart of this park and there is certainly no shortage of places to cool off. The adventurous can explore any of the 24 slides on-site while the beach bums can check out the lazy river, complete with plenty of tubes available for no additional fee. Children love Wally’s Lagoon, a large child play area, in addition to the giant wave pool.
If you want to dry off for a bit, refuel at the snack bar and lay out for a bit on the sun deck. For a little action, check out the go-cart track or try your luck in bumper boats. There are also tons of kiddie rides for the little ones in addition to a full putt-putt course. There really is something for everyone here!
Check out a full list of park attractions:
• Wave Pool
• 24 Slides
• Lazy River
• Wally’s Lagoon
• Mini Golf
• Bumper Boats
• Snack Bar
• Gift Shop
• Picnic Area
• Lockers / Showers
• Kiddie Rides
• & More!
In addition to all of the fun that the park already offers, they make the experience over the top with events throughout the summer. Fridays they host “Live After Five” with a variety of local bands that provide live music and entertainment from 5pm-9pm. They also host themed days with special prices, like Scout Day.
Wild Water & Wheels is open May – September and several pricing packages are available. For more information or to purchase tickets, visit www.wild-water.com/.
The Pavilion Nostalgia Park located at Broadway at the Beach is home to a number of the old time classic amusement rides that were once part of the former seaside Pavilion Amusement Park. Offering guests a blast into the past with favorites like the Herschell-Spillman carousal that dates all the way back to 1912, or the Crazy Caterpillar, Motorcycle Madness, Tea Cups, Swings, Boat Ride and more. These classic rides are sure to bring back great memories and create new ones for years to come.
Admission to the park is free, but if you wish to take a trip back in time on one of these rides you’ll need to purchase a ticket. Each ride at the park requires only one ticket and tickets are priced at $3.50 a piece.
For more information about rides and hours of operation, visit www.broadwayatthebeach.com or call (843) 913-9400.
Don’t strike out this vacation! Go see Myrtle Beach’s minor league baseball team for a fun-filled night. The stadium is located on 21st Avenue N, right across from Broadway at the Beach.
There are plenty of promotions throughout the week. Pick the perfect day for you.
• Kids Eat Free Mondays: fans 12 and under receive a voucher for a free hotdog, chips, and drink.
• Wiener Wednesdays: $1 Hebrew National hotdogs all night long!
• Thirsty Thurdays: Enjoy $1 Drafts of Bud and Bud Light from 6-8.
They offer 17 different fireworks night throughout the summer season, check out the website for dates.
The Myrtle Beach Pelicans play April-September and tickets start at just $8; purchase them at the box office, on their website, or call (843) 918-6000.
Cool down at the largest water park in South Carolina! Myrtle Waves is fun for the whole family with cabana rentals, showers, lockers, and various snack stations. There are rides and attractions that will satisfy everyone:
Family Fun: Lounge in the LayZee River, which circles your through the whole park or hop over waves in the giant wave pool. Ranging from 0-6 feet deep, it’ll be fun for everyone!
Exciting Water Slides: With everything from a tube slide to a speed slide, you will find it at Myrtle Waves. Get “flushed” down the Arooba Tooba or speed down the Turbo Twisters, the fastest slide in the park.
Saturation Station: Get drenched in this splash zone and keep your kids entertained for hours. There are 3 different kiddie slides, water toys, and a volcano that splashes about 700 gallons of water on the crowd below.
Myrtle Waves is the perfect place to spend a day during your vacation. Call (843) 918-8725.
For the ultimate movie experience, check out the BigD 3D Theater at Broadway at the Beach. Located in the Broadway 17 Carmike Cinema, the BigD offers moviegoers spectacular features like:
• A 82-foot wide screen over 3 stories tall
• Luxury leather custom seats
• Top of the line 7.1 surround sound
• DIGITAL projection
• Crystal clear 2D and 3D feature films
Sit back and relax while watching the latest blockbuster hits in this state-of-the-art theater. The BigD Theater is the largest movie screen display in South Carolina and it is only an extra $2 a ticket to place yourself right in the middle of all the action with one of the theater’s 3D showings. For more information including show times and location, visit www.carmike.com or call the box office at (843) 445-1600 today!
A preserved low country rice plantation dwelling of the early eighteenth century
Myrtle Beach’s only seaside amusement park, Family Kingdom should be high on any list of things to do in Myrtle Beach.
• Oceanfront view - Literally right on the beach, Family Kingdom has thrill rides, family rides, kiddie rides, go karts, and even a water park! An all day unlimited ride wristband for the amusement park is $26, and the water park’s wristband is $21. Family Kingdom offers a very affordable deal for both however – only $36!
• Amusement Park - With more than 30 thrilling rides in Family Kingdom’s amusement park, it makes for an incredible experience. The park offers rides for both adults and children, so no one is left out. Family Kingdom even added a new ride – the Twist ‘n Shout Coaster. There are classic wooden coasters, tit-a-whirls, the ever popular Hurricane, and bumper cars. There’s even go karts at Family Kingdom, and there are 2 speed tracks to choose from!
• Splashes Water Park - Recently renamed, Family Kingdom’s only oceanfront water park Splashes has wet and wild water flumes, exhilarating speed slides, and even a spacious lazy river complete with waterfalls. The flumes will be sure to entertain children and adults alike that offer thrilling 100-feet drops. The speed slides have thrilling slopes that will exhilarate you, and for those not up to the challenge there are intermediate speed slides that aren’t quite as thrilling. Family Kingdom also owns the state’s largest Ferris wheel, and the view it offers while on it is one-of-a-kind.
Is there anything Family Kingdom doesn’t offer? For more information, call 843-626-3447 or check out their website, and check out our Attractions Page for more Myrtle Beach area fun!
Get hands on at the Children’s Museum of South Carolina. This interactive museum allows children to touch, explore, and play while learning about the world around them. With a number of fun and educational exhibits like the Weather Center and Continuous News Desk where kids get a chance to forecast the weather in from of a green screen, or sit behind a news desk and report the headlines, the Children’s Museum makes learning fun for everyone.
Here’s a list of all the great exhibits that can be found at the Children’s Museum:
- Under Construction House
- Imagination Playground
- The Big Bank
- USS Kids-a-Float Hijacked by Pirates
- Bubble Mania
- South Carolina Fossil Hunt
- It’s Electric
- Kidz Medical Center
- Express Yourself Art Center
- Famous Fraction Pizza Delivery Truck
- Flora’s Farmers market
- Get Ready, Get Set, Grow
- Gem Mining
- Habitat Habit
- Weather Center & Continuous News Desk
- Hurricane Simulator
- Put It Into Words
- Totally Tubular
- Recycling Center
For more information on special weekly events, location and pricing, visit the Children’s Museum online at www.cmsckids.org, or call them at (843) 946-9469.
Brookgreen Gardens is Myrtle Beach’s premier outdoor attraction. With over 15 square miles of beautifully landscaped gardens, hand-made sculptures that are placed throughout the landscape, and a lowcountry zoo that features native animals in their natural habitats, one can easily see what a fantastic attraction this is. Check out what Brookgreen Gardens has to offer:
• 9,100 acres of plush landscaping
• Several themed gardens
• Beautiful, hand-crafted sculptures places throughout the gardens
• The only zoo accredited by the Association of Zoos and Aquariums in the state
• Enjoy native animals in their natural habitat: Alligators, River Otters, Marsh Tacky Horses, Great Blue Herons, Ergets, Grey Foxes, & Much More!
• Seasonal Zoo Education Programs
• The first public sculpture garden in America
• The largest and most comprehensive collection of American figurative sculpture in the country
• The Offner sculpture Learning and Research Center displays hundreds of sculpture treasures
Brookgreen Gardens is a wonderful attraction for families and couples and offers something for everyone. In addition to regular garden visits, Brookgreen also holds several special events and classes throughout the year. Check out their website or call (843) 235-6000 for more information and be sure to check out our Attractions Page for more Myrtle Beach area fun!
Walk the decks of this World War II battleship, located near Wilmington, N.C.