Myrtle Beach Attractions
There are numerous activities for you to enjoy at Holiday Inn At The Pavilion without having to venture far from your room. Some of the highlights include:
Amusement Parks and Water Parks
Dive into a day of nautical fun at the Ripley’s Aquarium. Conveniently located at Broadway at The Beach, this wildly popular attraction let’s visitors get up close and personal with friendly sharks, exotic fish, and a variety of other underwater species.
Guests can look forward to visiting the following aquarium attractions:
• Rio Amazon – A display modeled after the Amazon rainforest! Features species include piranha, arapaima, redtail catfish, and poison dart frogs.
• Rainbow Rock – An Indo-Pacific coral reef. Enjoy some of the world’s most colorful and recognizable species like clowfish, regal blue tang, and emperor angelfish.
• Dangerous Reef – A 340 foot long glidepath that winds through an acrylic tunnel. Come face to face with sea turtles, giant stingrays, and sharks!
• Discovery Center – An interactive area devoted to hands on learning. Enjoy puzzles, discussions, games, and more!
• Ray Bay – Stingrays steal the spotlight at this attraction. Watch these majestic animals glide through the water and see staff divers hand feed them throughout the day. You even have a chance to pet these docile creatures.
• So much more!
The Ripley’s Aquarium also features a marine education center, the Feeding Frenzy restaurant, and the Cargo Hold gift shop. Special events are held throughout the year so you always have something to look forward to. This attraction holds fun for everyone!
A water park located near Myrtle Beach with speed slides, kiddie water rides and more
A family attraction featuring a classic collection of amusement rides, including carousels, tea cups, and a boat ride
A Texas Rangers affiliated minor league baseball team, with fun entertainment at games
A 20 acre water park open mid-May to mid-September with slides, raft rides and more
An interactive live-action, role playing game where players embark on quests in an enchanted fantasy world using magic wands
The largest screen in Myrtle Beach!
A preserved low country rice plantation dwelling of the early eighteenth century
An amusement park with more than 30 rides, bumper cars, Go-Karts and a nearby oceanfront water park
An indoor kid’s museum dedicated to teaching and entertaining young minds
Brookgreen Gardens is Myrtle Beach’s premier outdoor attraction. With over 15 square miles of beautifully landscaped gardens, hand-made sculptures that are placed throughout the landscape, and a lowcountry zoo that features native animals in their natural habitats, one can easily see what a fantastic attraction this is. Check out what Brookgreen Gardens has to offer:
• 9,100 acres of plush landscaping
• Several themed gardens
• Beautiful, hand-crafted sculptures places throughout the gardens
• The only zoo accredited by the Association of Zoos and Aquariums in the state
• Enjoy native animals in their natural habitat: Alligators, River Otters, Marsh Tacky Horses, Great Blue Herons, Ergets, Grey Foxes, & Much More!
• Seasonal Zoo Education Programs
• The first public sculpture garden in America
• The largest and most comprehensive collection of American figurative sculpture in the country
• The Offner sculpture Learning and Research Center displays hundreds of sculpture treasures
Brookgreen Gardens is a wonderful attraction for families and couples and offers something for everyone. In addition to regular garden visits, Brookgreen also holds several special events and classes throughout the year. Check out their website or call (843) 235-6000 for more information and be sure to check out our Attractions Page for more Myrtle Beach area fun!
Walk the decks of this World War II battleship, located near Wilmington, N.C.