Brookgreen Gardens is Myrtle Beach’s premier outdoor attraction. With over 15 square miles of beautifully landscaped gardens, hand-made sculptures that are placed throughout the landscape, and a lowcountry zoo that features native animals in their natural habitats, one can easily see what a fantastic attraction this is. Check out what Brookgreen Gardens has to offer:
• 9,100 acres of plush landscaping
• Several themed gardens
• Beautiful, hand-crafted sculptures places throughout the gardens
• The only zoo accredited by the Association of Zoos and Aquariums in the state
• Enjoy native animals in their natural habitat: Alligators, River Otters, Marsh Tacky Horses, Great Blue Herons, Ergets, Grey Foxes, & Much More!
• Seasonal Zoo Education Programs
• The first public sculpture garden in America
• The largest and most comprehensive collection of American figurative sculpture in the country
• The Offner sculpture Learning and Research Center displays hundreds of sculpture treasures
Brookgreen Gardens is a wonderful attraction for families and couples and offers something for everyone. In addition to regular garden visits, Brookgreen also holds several special events and classes throughout the year. Check out their website or call (843) 235-6000 for more information and be sure to check out our Attractions Page for more Myrtle Beach area fun!